Last year over 43% of the New York City real estate tax certiorari petitions were filed using Genesis’ CliPAD® software, and nearly 70% were submitted by practitioners who use some aspect of Genesis software.
The CliPAD aspect of Genesis New York City system is where you, the user, get to be creative. Although Genesis does have standard CliPAD screens, we design the client-side part of your program so that it runs just the way you want it. No one CliPAD system is exactly the same as another.
Real estate tax certiorari practitioners in New York City, for example, have CliPAD systems consisting of some or all of the following:
- Data Screens: Keep detailed records on Clients, Properties, Assessments, Filings, Settlements, Law Department Tracking, Pre-Trial, Petition Tracking, Income and Expense, Audit, Condominium/Cooperatives, Substitution of Attorney, Refund Tracking or Counselor screens.
- Forms Printing: With CliPAD you can currently print Tax Commission (TC) forms 10, 101, 105, 106, 108, 109, 150, 159, 200, 201, 203, 208, 214, 230, 301 and 309, complete with bar coding for easier data entry when client forms are returned to you. Additional forms can be added upon request. Users can also generate Petitions and Stipulations with the system. Genesis also allows you, in one step, to export generated files directly from your CliPAD database to be used in the New York State FBEM system (electronic filing of petitions).
- Analysis Reports: Genesis can create any kind of database analysis reports for your CliPAD system, such as reports for Audits, 718 Stipulations or Call Back Lists.
- Letter Printing: All letters – such as cover, reminder, refund, retainer, offer letters to clients or opposing counsel – along with labels and envelopes can be printed through CliPAD and can be merged into Microsoft Word.
- Hearing Sheets: Generate custom-designed, detailed hearing sheets, based on both all-city GenPAD® data and your CliPAD data, to help you be fully prepared for your hearings.
- Tax Commission Electronic Filings: Genesis will generate and deliver the electronic Application and Petition files requested by the Tax Commission directly from your CliPAD database.
Genesis also provides immediate analysis when new data is released by New York City. As soon as the Tentative and Final Rolls are released, Genesis downloads the new values into your CliPAD system and flags any major assessment or physical changes in your properties. The day each Change By Notice register is published we can immediately provide you with both the complete list and an analysis of only those properties that appear in your CliPAD database. We routinely provide similar analyses when other new data is released, such as RPIE Non-Complier Lists or Open Petitions Lists.
CliPAD packages can also be created for property management firms, banks, municipalities, and any other office, real estate-oriented or otherwise.